Desperate Measures soviet scope creep has found me somewhat behind schedule as I continue to add to my soviets. The Italy compilation showed up on my doorstep last week and I'm psychologically ready for some focus on Italy, especially my HG and British armor: Panzer III Ms and Churchills.
I know painting takes me some time but I always seem to underestimate how long assembly will take. I'm tempted to move away from Soviets but the idea of not having a completed LW force to play is really bugging me. Plenty of partials, though, as I chase releases. I'm a tortoise chasing a hare right now but I am making progress. Since I do have substantially more soviets painted than anything else, I think I'll stick with them for a while. I'm continuing to reach my goal of twenty plus T-34s. More than twenty to make up for the ones with broken sides.
Monday, March 31, 2014
Sunday, March 9, 2014
In anticipation of determining what materials I would need to base my Soviet horde, I went ahead and based a Spetsnaz platoon. As usual I agonized over what color schemes to go with since there are some excellent examples out there, especially in my favorite blog roll. Soviets look great with GF9's static grass colors Aria and Winter or any other color that lands in the '50 shades of hay' spectrum. After some deep thought I decided to stick with GF9's green static grass to be consistent with what I had originally planned for my German bases.