Monday, February 27, 2012

Man on Fire!

I've been on it like white on rice on a paper plate in a snow storm.  I completed the first phase of basing the 8th Army using a 50/50 mix of the Coarse and Fine Pumice Gel from Michael's:

I mix German Camo Medium Brown (826) into the pumice gel jar to remove a step.  I got this idea from the Tom Wise 101st Airborne painting PDF.  I then highlight with Desert Yellow (977), Yellow Ochre (913), and then Iraqi Sand (819).  The base is painted with Tan-Earth (874) which I find, as I have said before in  a previous post, a good match for the Battlefront desert terrain.

Here's my first article:

I'll add a conservative amount of Silfor tufts and some static grass on some of the bases, eventually.  I found I over did it on the DAK bases, particularly with the rocks I added to match the Battlefront Desert terrain.  Sometimes less is more as the saying goes.

I also found time to assemble the infantry in the 8y Gvardeyskiy Strelkovy Korpus box set, plus an extra blister of Flame Throwers to add to my existing soviet figures:

Now that's done I can focus on getting ready for the fully painted North Africa game which, if all goes well, will be in a couple of weeks.

I was also able to find time to read the new V3 rule book but that will obviously be an ongoing project as I learn to play the game.  The assault phase is the most intimidating for me.  I was very excited to find an assault phase flow chart has been created by members of the WWPD forum.   Great job!

Next, paint the North Africa British tanks.

1 comment:

  1. Great texture finish on that Brit stand. Looks pretty cool!